Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pile It On Challenge with Whimsical Design

It's time for another Whimsical Wednesday Challenge over on the Whimsical Designs blog. This week, our theme is "Pile It On".  Layer on the paper, the bling, the embellishments.  Our sponsor again this week is The Paper Parade, giving a $15 gift certificate to the challenge winner.
 


 
The Paper Parade was also kind enough to furnish each design team member with papers and embellishments.  I got some Authentique and Fancy Pants supplies that were SO fun to create with!  In my FAVORITE colors!
 
Here's my "Pile It On" card for some inspiration...
 
 
I used the sentiment from Whimsical Designs "Whimsical Fun -Volume 1" stamp set.
I combined papers from both Authentique Seasons (Spring) and Fancy Pants Baby Mine collection.  The card base is Close To My Heart lagoon.
I have to tell you that I cheated on the butterfly.  It is a stamp by Close To My Heart.  You know exactly where to place each button and gem (also CTMH) by following the template of the stamp.  Easy peasy.  I added a Studio Calico chipboard butterfly, and some  twisted teal Trendy Twine to finish off my card.
That's it for me today.  Now it's your turn to "pile it on" and join our challenge.  And don't forget to visit the rest of the talented Whimsical Designs team! 
 


5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love the colors you chose. So creative making the butterfly out of the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative and beautiful! Great job:)
    Tabitha
    The Desire to Create is one of the Deepest Yearnings of the Human Soul.
    Tabitha's Designs Blog
    Low priced fun Digi Papers and stamps:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your button butterfly, Julie. Very clever. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, Julie! You are quite the challenge gal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That button butterfly is PURE GENIUS!!! WOW!!! I love this fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete