Saturday, June 1, 2013

It's a Brand NEW Challenge Blog - Help us gRoW!

Happy Saturday everyone!  I have lots going on today.  If you're looking for the All That Stickles Turquoise mid linky reveal, click here.

If you came looking for the first EVER Get Inky! Stamps National Repeat Day hop, click here.

There's a new challenge blog that goes live today, and I'm so excited to be a part of it.  I love a good challenge.  I'm competitive by nature, so challenges and I get along well.  But, I'm also kind and helpful by nature, so finding a caring, nurturing group of ladies is fun.  I found a perfect fit with the Craft Lovin' Challenge Blog.  This blog, hosted by Tabitha's Designs and the Craft Channel is sure to be a popular one.  Our first challenge is Father's Day.  Link up anything -- card, layout, altered project, home décor, as long as it has something to do with Father's Day.

Here's what I made for some inspiration for you:


Isn't he a stud?  Yeah, Mr. Fix it is perfect for Father's Day.  My father was a carpenter and an all around fixer upper, so I suspect this card is heading his way. All the designer papers, including the fun tools background paper is by Tabitha's Designs.

The stamp is from Unity/Angie Blom and is called "Alex Guy".  He's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic markers on Cryogen paper.I used an angle Corner Chomper throughout the card.  The red bling is from my stash.  I hope you enjoy this card. 

Now, hurry, enter your own Father's Day projects -- you have two weeks before the next challenge starts.  It's going to be sooooo much fun!! There are GREAT prizes to be won!

I'm entering the card in the following challenges:

Craft Lovin' Challenge Blog -- Father's Day challenge
Raisin Boat challenge #11 -- Father's Day
SisterAct Card Challenge -- anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Challenge -- anything goes
Unity Stamp Co  Be Inspired Challenge -- sketch
Crafty Creations Challenge -- Super Hero
Creative Inspirations Paints -- Father's Day

11 comments:

  1. This is super cute...
    I just realized I wasn't a follower, but now I am..
    Glad to be on the same DT with you...
    Enjoy your wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Julie :-) the image is just perfect for a DIY Dad and the whole design is brilliant ! I love the paper and details :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Mr. Fix-It! He looks awesome! Great card, works perfectly with Tabitha's papers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new stamp ! Perfect for your dad :) I'm sure GE loves it.

    BTW I love your coloring !! So glad to be on the DT with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! I am torn on whether to get that stamp or not-you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally cute. Loving that image! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool, Julie! Looks great with Tabitha's paper and the bold primary colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Raisin Boat this month with your fun card.

    ReplyDelete