Friday, October 5, 2012

More Phyllis Harris

I have 2 Phyllis Harris cards I'm sharing this week.  I'm linking them up with Unity's Friends With Flair blog Hop, Really Reasonable Ribbon's pink challenge, and Ippity's Fall challenge.  If you are looking for the cropchocolate.com blog hop for OWH, it is still going on.  Scroll down a couple posts, please.

I'll show you my Fall card first.  Yesterday, we had 78 degrees here in NW Wisconsin.  Today, we have 48 degrees and 30 mile an hour winds.  The leaves are falling, so my card fits right in!


I used Fancy Pants Summer's End 6x6 paper on this card, two different Spellbinder's dies, Copic markers, Reasonable ribbon, and a Unity Stamp of the Week designed by Phyllis Harris. My first pet ever was a big, white rabbit, so this takes me back to childhood.  That's Sniffer and I, alright, playing in the Autumn leaves! 

The second card, also features a Unity Phyllis Harris stamp.  I had some help while photographing the card.  Since there's a Golden Retriever on the card, I thought I'd show you my helper.

 

Molly thinks I need to make the Golden Retriever's fur a little redder to match hers better.  I'm working on it, girl.  I'm just not that good at coloring with these new Copics yet!

And, here's a close up of the card Molly is critiquing: 


I used Echo Park For the Record II 6x6 papers and Reasonable ribbon on this card, along with a Spellbinders die and Copic markers.  The corners were rounded with a corner chomper.

And, wouldn't you know, there's a new release of Phyllis Harris stamps at Unity starting today.  If there are any with Golden Retrievers, they'll soon be heading to my mailbox, I'm afraid!  Hope you find some time to make cards on National Card Making Day.  I'm driving 4 hours to take my Goldens on a walk to raise $ and awareness for the Golden Retriever Rescue Group of Wisconsin.  No card making for me, but lots of Golden memories -- and pictures.

21 comments:

  1. Cute cards, Julie! I like the die you used on the second card, it really frames your image wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards,adoreable images.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie!! Great cards! You are getting really good at coloring with those Copics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards. Really like the coloring of the Fall card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards look great. I adore Phyllis Harris images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cards and puppy dog of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are cute and love these images! Cute little helper too !
    Have fun today for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute cards!!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon :)
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these sweet stamps!! Great cards!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards. The images are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, these are both so adorable!! Great job with the PH stamps! I have one that I've begun to color and another stamped and ready to go. We did finish harvest a couple days ago. DH wants to bale cornstalks tomorrow...ugh! No card-making for me, either!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both your cards are really cute! I love that picture of Molly and the card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Phyllis Harris designs You did an awesome job and I loved your card model.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Molly is so beautiful! The stamp set was made for her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your cards.thanks for sharing.but Especially I love Molly. I also Wish we had Fall season as noticeable, here in Puerto Rico. It's too hot in here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope your walk was heavenly, as is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love them! These are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet cards! Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know how I missed this post!! I am so honored that you used my stamp illustrations to make these amazing cards! Thank you!!

    Blessings,
    Phyllis


    Phyllis Harris
    http://www.phyllisharrisdesigns.com
    http://www.phyllisharris.com
    http://phyllisharris.blogspot.com


    *Awarded the 2012 Red Tricycle Award for Most Awesome Wonderful Wall Art & Accessories!

    ReplyDelete